Saturday, October 24, 2020

Samsung LCD monitor suddenly displays "Check Signal Cable"

 I've been using Macbook Pro 13'' 2011 connected to an external monitor (Samsung SyncMaster SA300) through HDMI to VGA adapter for a few years without any problem. Today, I cleaned my desk so I unplugged the monitor's cable to turn it off. When I'm finished, I plugged it back in and it showed "Check Signal Cable".

I checked everything like the power adapter and the cable connected the monitor to the HDMI to VGA adapter and they were all connected properly. Then, I disconnected them all and reconnected them back but it didn't work. I even restarted my machine but still no luck.

After that, I searched on the net and someone said that the monitor was not using VGA input. It was using DVI input by default when it turned on. The input means port/slot, I assumed. There are two ports at the back of the monitor: VGA and DVI. I was connecting my laptop to the monitor through VGA port but my monitor was expecting signal via DVI port. 

To solve it, I pressed the button on the monitor to switch it to using VGA input. The image below shows the button's icon in a yellow circle.




 



No comments:

Post a Comment