Thursday, April 7, 2016

A workaround for setting up Windows 7 on Macbook Pro without optical drive

I want to make an update on the post i wrote here http://myt8chnote.blogspot.com/2016/04/installing-windows-7-on-macbook-pro.html After rebooting several time, the Windows partition was corrupted and then i also tried to do it the same way again many times but it no longer worked. I have just found a workaround for that.

As my Macbook Pro only boot from the USB drive that has OSX on it, I used Carbon Copy Clone to clone or backup my OSX partition to the external hard drive so if anything happens, I can use it to restore the main OSX partition.

I also have Windows installed along side the OS X. I downloaded the Winclone image file of Windows 7 from thepiratebay.se web site and use Winclone app on Mac OS X to restore the image file to another partition then the partition is bootable too.

NOTE: resizing partition might corrupt your Windows 7 installed even if the partition is not the one you installed Windows on.

No comments:

Post a Comment